I met with my Nutritional Therapist the other day to try to heal my digestive issues once again. Part of my new healing regime is to drink this gut healing smoothie everyday. I was a bit skeptical at first, but I was amazed at how much I enjoyed it and how filling it was for me.
Gut Healing Smoothie
- 2 local organic carrots ( I used one med to large)
- 1/2 - 1 local organic apple (I used 1/2 - 1/3 Pink Lady)
- 2 stalks of organic celery (I omitted this because I did not have it on hand at first)
- 1/2 organic avocado
- 2 raw fertilized egg yolks* (the source is super important)
- 1 Tablespoon ghee or coconut oil (I used coconut oil as I adore the flavor)
- 1 -2 cups of filtered water (I just eyeball it)
You can play with the recipe a little as I did. Although celery is super healing, I ended up leaving it out of this recipe for myself as the flavor was too dominant. I use it somewhere else during the day. ;)
* Make sure your eggs are from a trusted source. You want, at the very least, a organic, free range egg that has not been fed corn. Then, (if you can get them) get fertilized eggs.